Eagle Pointer 11.02.2013
Eagle Pointer 10/27 – 11/2/2013
Trick or Treating
The Eagle Point Homeowner's Association is recommending trick-or-treating from approximately 6:00 - 9:00 PM on Thursday, October 31.
If you do not wish to have trick-or-treaters come to your door please make sure your porch lights are "off". Trick-or-treaters should be respectful of those homes with lights "off".
Each Halloween, we have drivers who are apparently unaware of the swarming pedestrian traffic. We have witnessed many 'near-misses' involving vehicles and children. Local residents from outside Eagle Point love to visit our neighborhood, so you can expect many other people visiting, resulting in very heavy foot and vehicle traffic. Please do not assume that drivers will yield to children walking in the street. We recommend wearing bright or reflective clothing and carrying flashlights and/or attaching LED lights to each child.
The Shelby County Sheriff's Office published "Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips" in 2012:
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, twice as many children are killed Halloween evening than on other nights in accidents involving a pedestrian and a vehicle.
• Never let your children trick or treat alone. Older children should go with friends and younger children should be accompanied by an adult.
• Never let younger children approach a home unattended and teach them to never enter a home or car without prior permission from a parent or guardian.
• All children should wear reflective clothing and carry a glow stick or flashlight after dark.
• Make sure that children can see and breathe unrestricted when wearing costumes and masks. All children's costumes should be made from flame resistant materials.
• Know where your children are and whom they are with at all times.
• Talk openly with your children about safety practices and do not be afraid to discuss scenarios.
• Teach children to resist any unwanted attention from a stranger by yelling, kicking and screaming "this person is not my father/mother".
• Parents should inspect all candies and toys their children receive before allowing them to eat or play with it.
Neighbor to Neighbor
Pre-Algebra math book from McDougal Little, looks to be from Altamont School System. If it is your’s contact B.....
We have an armoire for sale perfect condition stands 5ft 3inches high and 2 ft 7 inches wide. Asking $50. Contact Shannon ......
Home Repairs & Renovations
Experienced, Professional, Honest and Quality Work
Carpentry, Kitchens/Baths, Decks, Fences, Drywall, Painting, Plumbing and Home Repair
Call or email Mike Duling for a free estimate.
References available upon request.
Take advantage of the Eagle Pointer and submit your ideas and items to email@example.com for an opportunity to reach your neighbors and the residents of the Eagle Point Community.
The next Board Meeting will be held Tuesday, November 12th at 6:00 p.m.
Deadline to appear in the next week’s Eagle Pointer: Monday by midnight.
We would appreciate any feedback on this newsletter! Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Eagle Point Homeowners Association is to enhance the quality of life in our neighborhood by facilitating the safety, security, and social interaction of all our residents. The further mission is to increase the property values of individual homes through community improvements and maintenance while supporting our board of directors through volunteering our time and talents to accomplish these goals.